Sunday, July 10, 2011

When it Rains it Pours

I didn't think I would get another chance to update before we start our ministry here in Kathmandu, but I'm glad I am. It just rained harder than I have ever seen (and I live in Washington). I'm soaked all the way through, but it feels really good cause it is so hot and muggy. We just went out for an amaizing Indian/Nepali dinner for really cheap. I'm loving all the different foods here...it is almost my favorite part so far.

Today we went out for some more sight seeing. We went to two other temples. A Hindu and a Kumar temple. The Kumar temple is where they have a little girl who is the goddess. We got to see her and it was really sad. She is not allowed to smile and she is only about 8 years old. She was selected at the age of 5 and is there until she is about 12.

Please pray for our ministry as we start tomorrow. Not sure right now what we will be doing, but pray that God will use us to our full ability. That our team will work well together and that we would make an impact for Him.

I'm loving Nepal! The more I see the people the more my heart breaks for them. I have never seen such darkenss in my life. I'm really learning how to love like Christ and I hope that my team will be a bright light in this darkenss.

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment