Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Heading to Pokhara

Well a lot has happened this week. We went to a Leper Colony yesterday and God really used us to bless these people who hardly ever get attention from the outside world. They didn't speak any english so our translators had to help us, but a few of them have a relationship with Christ and they wanted to tell us all about it. It was so cool to not understand these men, but still be able to see Christ in their eyes. It is so easy to see the Light in this darkness.

I'm learning that the mission field is not an easy one. Obvious, right? Well it has been a lesson in trusting that God will provide the strength to get through every day. Even when I am so tired I really don't want to do anything at all. He is my strength in my weakness and through me I hope that the Nepali people will see Him.

Today was really fun and exhausting. We went on a hike through the mountains and got to marvel at God's creation. They mountains brought us above the clouds and then we got to walk through a rain forest, cliffs, corn fields, sheep herders and some small villages. It was long and tiring to walk up and down through the mountains, but the views were breathtaking and I took tons of pictures (which I will upload when I get the chance).

Please be praying that our 6 hour bus ride to Pokhara will be a safe one tomorrow. We are excited to see what God is going to do in and through us in the new place. Pray that in every encounter we will be able to glorify Him who sent us!

No comments:

Post a Comment