Saturday, July 9, 2011

Finally in Nepal!

Hey everyone! My team is finally here. Training camp was a great experience this year. Really hot and humid, but totally worth it. I have four lovely ladies in my discipleship group and they all get along really well.

We had a long trip to Nepal. We had a 14 hour flight from Chicago to India. Then a 12 hour layover in the airport there where I slept soundly on the flour. Then we had a 2 hour flight to Nepal where it was 11am. I think I am finally over the jet lag-thank goodness! It was kinda rough the last few days.

The hotel we are staying in is wonderful! And I'm not just saying that. It really is way nicer than I expected. I have my own bed in the room that I share with one of my girls. We have our own bathroom with a shower (that is not a typical American shower) and a western toilet (that is a real blessing).

Yesterday we went to the Muslim, Monkey temple here in Kathmanu. It was very interesting. We had to climb 365 very steep stairs to reach the temple and that got all of us panting for breath.

Kathmanu is a very spiritually dark place. We have not gotten to do any ministry yet because we are learning about the people and culture. Please be praying that God would guide us to the right ministries in His timing.

Everything about this place is intriguing to me. The food, the traffic (CRAZY!!!), the language, everything...I do love it all though and I think I am adjusting well.

Please continue to pray for good health for myself as well as my whole team. I hope to be updating this at least once a week.

Namestay!

No comments:

Post a Comment